19 Jan 2023
WTI Director of Studies guest lectures at the Université de Genève
WTI Director of Studies, Prof. Peter Van den Bossche, is among the most distinguished faculty members of the MEIG Master at the Université de Genève.
On 16 January 2023, the WTI Director of Studies, Prof. Peter Van den Bossche, gave a five-hour lecture on The World Trade Organization and the Rules-Based Multilateral Trading System in Crisis in the context of Master of Advanced Studies in European and International Governance (MEIG) at the Université de Genève.
During his lecture, he discussed
- the current developments in international trade;
- the origins, objections, functions and institutions of the WTO;
- the need for rules on international trade;
- the basic rules and sources of WTO law;
- the challenges facing the multilateral trading system (MTS) and the WTO, and
- the future of the MTS and the WTO.